FOR IMMEDIATE HIRE:
Look What SHE Did! is seeking a Development Manager
Posted: June 7, 2021
Look What SHE Did! is a nonprofit media arts organization whose mission is to inspire women and girls to greatness by bringing to light stories of remarkable women who have changed the world. We create a series of short films and events featuring female storytellers talking about the incredible women who inspire them.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Development Manager will support and expand Look What SHE Did!’s fundraising capacity through administrative management, funding research and donor stewardship.
- Draft, edit, and send donor correspondence
- Research & recommend new grant / funding opportunities
- Manage existing grant contracts, invoices and reporting requirements
- Maintain donor database, including contact updates, gift entry and reporting
- Create and send donation receipts and acknowledgements
- Research corporate giving opportunities and assist with creation of pitch decks and related materials
- Schedule regular development committee meetings, draft agendas, take minutes and follow up on action items
- Support planning and implementation of fundraising and programming events, virtual and in-person, as needed
Desired Personal Qualifications:
- Active listener who consistently meets deadlines and communicates progress and challenges clearly and in a timely manner
- Demonstrates a personal or professional interest in nonprofit fundraising, film & media, gender equity and/or women’s history
- Eager and quick to learn new technology and skills related to job duties
Desired Technical Qualifications:
- Strong writing skills
- Adept at using Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) to track and update data such as contact information, sales, donations and/or budgets
- Comfortable working remotely and communicating via phone, email and video calls
- Comfortable working with Google Suite, including Google Drive, Docs, and Sheets, with knowledge of file organization and sharing capabilities
- Experience in an administrative position, preferably within a nonprofit setting
- Experience drafting letters and emails to donors, customers and/or organizational partners, taking meeting notes and communicating with coworkers through email
- Some experience with a donor or customer database, including data entry and report generation
Schedule & Compensation:
This is a part-time hourly position estimated to be between 10-15 hours per week. Work schedule is flexible, with most hours to be completed between M-F, 9am-5pm. Some evenings or weekend work will be required for events or meetings, rarely, and less than once a month. This position will primarily work remotely, with some work meetings required in-person in mid-city Los Angeles. Hourly pay will be in the range of $18-22/hour, commensurate with experience. This position is classified as an employee.
Please send your resume and a brief email explaining why you’re interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Qualified candidates will be contacted and interviewed (via Zoom or Google Meet) on a rolling basis until the position is filled.